March 16, 2011
First-Rites by Nathan Elmore
Recently, I was captured by a piece written by Nathan Elmore, a poet at heart, and a gifted writer. Nathan is a good friend and someone that I cherish. Often times when I read his writing, I can hear his voice in my head. He has the kind of voice that you wish was always acting as the narrator of your life: "Corey is sitting in the computer lab. He is glancing out the window at the bees buzzing their disapproval." Or something like this. He is like Morgan Freeman in this way. You know what I am talking about. But his writing is even better; it is like poetry. He has a way of capturing moments, both mundane and grand, and breathing into these moments this wonderful, nuanced life through his prose. I invite you to read his reflections and musings on life, fatherhood, and the importance of baseball in a family that treasures the stories of life here. You can also follow Nathan at www.nathanfelmore.com. You will be better for welcoming his voice into your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment